
Sunday, May 28, 2006
ITB, Runner's Knee, Hamstring Tendonitis, Loose AnklesFinally saw the sports doc and the physiotherapist. After a series of check-ups - consultation to ultrasound to x-rays, plus some physical tests and stretching, we figured out the problems - ITB, Runner's Knee, Hamstring Tendonitis and Loose Ankles (according to the physiotherapist, my ankles are so loose the ligament is almost non-existent).I was sent to the trainer who brought me through a series of strengthening and stretching exercises which I have to do two to three times a week. Also supposed to ice my knee for 20 mins every night (keep reminding myself to go buy the ice pack). No running or swimming for a while (I swim breaststroke which worsens the knee condition) but cycling (without resistance) is okay. So back to the gym for me.Hope to recover in time to take part in the various races lined up in the second half of the year. But will not take chances.Dream It. Plan It. Do It. Rest if you have to.
Just The Girl @
5/28/2006 11:08:00 AM