
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Physiotherapy SessionWent for my third session yesterday. I have been doing my hamstring stretches diligently so the angle of my hamstring went up from 140 - 145 - 150 at the last measurement. Sonya (my therapist) said improvement is impressive. Haven't been able to do down to the gym as often as I would like though, so my muscles are not strengthening as fast. When we decided to try loading up (impact) by putting me on the elliptical threadmill besides the usual cycling machine, my knee felt a bit of stress so Sonya decided we should continue our strengthening exercises before starting the impact exercises.Sigh. Got the stanchart direct mailer this week. If I sign up before end of the month, I get 25% off (for taking part in the past 3 years). Will not be able to make it for the other runs, e.g. Real Run on 20 Aug. Feel a little bit disappointed at missing out all the action, plus this kind of means the work I've put into improving my runs last year is slowly being eroded away as I REST. Guess I have no choice. My next session is in one week plus time so hopefully my knee will grow stronger by then and I can at least start work on the elliptical. I'm currently wearing this ankle brace that is supposed to stabilise my weak ankles and lessen the impact on my knee. My doc says may have to go for a minor surgery for the ankle if the strengthening exercises don't help. There's still hope to take part in the run at the end of the year, although it may not be the full 42km...Current Form: Resting
Just The Girl @
7/15/2006 12:41:00 PM