Saturday, August 05, 2006
Another Session of Deep Tissue Massage (DTM)Had another therapy session yesterday which ended with the dreaded DTM. This time Edmund used his elbows. He said the knots were very deep and his thumbs would not be strong enough to reach that deep. Well, I think I survived this session better than the last (maybe my knots were straightening out). The blue-blacks don't look that bad too.Jason and Darek concluded that I was slightly flat-footed which meant that my knees tended to turn inwards when I was running. The best thing was for me to correct the alignment on my own, with Darek concentrating on strengthing my butt muscles so I can control my knee movements better. Jason also decided to send me for orthondocs. The good news was that my ankles have healed and I would be able to start gradually on some running once I get my insoles. He was insistent that I do it "sinfully slow" though. Well, my fitness has dropped so much I don't think I can run any faster than "sinfully slow".On a slightly less happy note, my plica did not seem to get any better after so many months. There is still the occasional sharp pain, which means the area was quite inflamed. Jason said the inflammation shoud have come down by now, especially since I had diligently avoided any impact exercises. We should continue the ice therapy. He also prescribed some oral medication to reduce the pain. The next option would be to go for a H&L injection.Hope to get the insoles done fast so I can start on the running. :-)Dream It. Plan It. Do It.
Just The Girl @
8/05/2006 10:09:00 AM