Monday, November 27, 2006
Nothing Like A Race To Get One GoingAfter months of trying to recover at a snail's pace, I am finally seeing some light with the approach of the stanchart marathon. Have signed up for the 10km. Not aiming for any timings but eager to finally be a participant again, and feel the adrenalin of a race.After three months of resting, another three months of therapy, one month of building mileage to 2-3km, it is exhilarating to finally reach my 7km mark. It's my safety blanket for the stanchart 10km. All my training has been on the treadmill so far though. I've tried to run on the pavement about 1 month back, but only managed about 2km before the knee felt the strain. I hope the strengthening I've been working on for the past few months will carry me through the race.I'm finally ready.Dream It. Plan It. Do It.Labels: Running
Just The Girl @
11/27/2006 01:42:00 PM